Pretty, Pink, Sweet and Sparkly! - Julianne

Welcome everyone! Today I have three layouts that I would like to share with you, and they are all pretty, pink, sweet and sparkly. It's strange, the more I try to use other colours on my layouts, the more I end up with pink on my layouts. It must have something to do with having two daughters.

 "2 LOVE"
I have a weakness for kraft paper and cardstock. On this layout, not only have I used kraft paper for my base, but also for my paper layers and decorations. I have highlighted the kraft with splashes of white, pink, and red. I love how this has helped keep the focus on the photos. 

Techniques Used: 
The NUMBERS (IDN002) were inked with a pale pink from the Ingvilde Bolme/Prima range of inks. Once dry, I added a layer of white Liquid Pearls over the top, and smoothed it out to look like paint. This gave a lovely pearly finish with just a very faint touch of pink underneath

The HOT AIR BALLOONS (IDT0010) were inked with a medium pink from the Ingvilde Bolme/Prima range of inks. Once dry, I highlighted them with crystalline Kindy Gltiz and Dimensional Magic. Once completely dry, I adhered them to the page with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to add some dimension. 

The BICYCLE (IDS0011) consists of several layers of Tattered Angels chalkboard mists (in Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy). I started with the darker colour first, then added a layer of the paler colour on top. Once it was 100% dry, I added a very fine coat of medium pink from the Ingvilde Bolme/Prima range of inks - just enough to add a little extra colour. I then adhered bright pink pearls to the centre of the spokes, rhinestones to the outer edge of the spokes, created a basket full of flowers at the front, and finished with a coat of Dimensional Magic. Yes, it was a little bit fiddley, but it was definitely worth the end result. 

Other products used: Jillibean Soup papers and stickers; The Twinery baker's twine; Prima flowers and vine; Zva Creative pearl flourish; Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots; Kindy Glitz; Dimensional Magic; and Liquid Pearls.




Bicycle IDS0011


Hot Air Balloons IDT0010


For my next layout, I wanted to create something with a Parisienne flavour. There is nothing more French, than the Eiffel Tower and fashion (represented by the dress form). Such a perfect combination on this layout about my daughter.
"OOH-LA-LA!"

Techniques Used:
The Eiffel Tower (IDS0043) was originally coated black. This didn't work with my layout, so I sprayed and coated it with white gesso, and allowed it to dry thoroughly. This created a wonderful off white/grey colour to the chipboard. I then coated the chipboard with Tattered Angels Pewter Glimmer Glaze. Once dry, I adhered it to the page with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.

All other Imaginarium Design products (photo corner; flourish and alphabet): I used the same technique on all these products to create unity within the layout. Each piece was coated with a pink Ingvilde Bolme Prima ink. I use this ink because it is quick, and coats thickly and thoroughly. But any other ink will do. Once completely dry, I coated each piece with Tattered Angles Pink Lady Glimmer Glaze. This creates a beautiful, shiny and sparkling glimmer on the chipboard. It is a lot finer than glitter, and much more subtle. Once thoroughly dry, adhere to layout with adhesive of choice.   

Other Products Used:
Webster's Pages papers; Zva Creative pearls and rhinestones; Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots; Prima flowers; Ingvilde Bolme Prima inks; Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze (Pewter and Pink Lady); Zva Creative foam dots; textured paste; Tattered Angels Glimmermist (Lemon Meringue and Strawberry Shortcake); green Sharpie pen; silver gel pen; fabric flowers; Martha Stewart punch; and Kindy Glitz. 





Large Eiffel Tower IDS0043



Embellishment IDS0014


Edwardian Relief IDC0009


With my third creation, I really wanted to emphasise all things sweet and girly. This layout reflects happiness, joy, and colour - the things that I think of, when I look at my daughter.

"GIRLY GIRL"

Techniques Used:
Mini Alphabet letters: Each letter was carefully inked with yellow Ingvilde Bolme Prima ink. Next, I poured two small piles of Doodlebug Glitter (or any other fine glitter will do) onto a piece of paper, making sure they were close beside each other. I then used my finger to flatten out the glitters just a little, so that the edges of each pile joined and mixed together. To coat the letters, simply spray with Helmar Vellum Spray, then gently dip into the pile of glitter, making sure that the letter is placed in the middle, within both piles of glitter. Remove, and gently tap off excess glitter. Adhere to the page as desired. 

Tinies and Photo Corners: The same technique was used on all these products to create unity throughout the layout. Firstly, the chipboard pice was coated generously with brown Twinkling H2O's. Once thoroughly dry, the chipboard was then coated with Dimensional Magic, and allowed to dry. This creates a crackling effect on the chipboard. To highlight this crackling effect, I inked each piece of chipboard with gold pigment ink, then gently rubbed off the excess ink. This left a beautiful sheen on the chipboard, which highlights the crackling, and creates an aged vintage appearance with the chipboard pieces. 

Other Products Used: 
My Little Shoebox papers; Doodlebug glitters; Zva Creative pearls and rhinestones; Twinkling H2O's; Dimensional Magic; gold pigment ink; Washi tapes; MFT Dies; Helmar Liquid Scrap dots; Helmar Vellum Spray; Ingvilde Bolme Prima inks; Studio Calico mask; Tattered Angels Glimmermist sprays; Liquid Pearls; paper flowers; paper heart doilies; Zva Creative foam dots; and Kindy Glitz. 




Bicycle IDT0018


Bird Cage IDT0019


4 Small Butterflies IDT0014


2 Mannequins and Hoop IDT0025


Corner With Four Circles IDC003

Thank-you for joining us. I hope you have a wonderful day!

To see more of my work, please visit my blog.
Julianne McKenna-De Lumen 

0 comments:

Post a Comment