Grungy And Romantic...


Good morning everyone! I have two projects to share with you today - a layout - and hand-made Christmas tags (because I'm trying to get organised early, lol!). 

"MAGIC IN THE AIR"

Occasionally, I like to sit down and just "play" with my work. To experiment, have fun, and not worry about the outcome. I'm sure everyone has seen Finnibair's creations, or attended one of her classes? I used her style and method as my inspiration for this layout. I wanted to mix her grunge style, with my love of bling and pretty things, and to see what the result would be. Well, I can honestly say, I am surprised, and very happy with the outcome. 


To create this design, I began by laying all the chipboard pieces and elements out on a card-stock base. I moved everything around until I was finally happy with the design. And then, because my memory is not perfect, I took a photo on my mobile phone. Next, I removed everything from the card-stock, and painted all the chipboard pieces with white gesso.


I created my textured background by layering masking tape, white gesso, and Tattered Angels Glimmermist (Silver Sugar, Turquoise Blue, and Silver). I even used the Glimmermist to change the colours of the little Prima roses. They were originally turquoise and white, but the white was too contrastingly bright, so I added a little Silver Sugar to create a grey tone to the flowers. 


To brighten certain sections of the layout and chipboard I used Pan Pastels (once the Glimmermist was thoroughly dry). 


The final touch was to add some bling. I've used crystal and pearl flourishes to frame the photo, I've added Zva creative pearls and crystals to the chipboard clogs for some glamour, a sprinkle of crushed glitter glass to the feathers, and even added some Kindy Glitz to the fairy's wings for a little sparkle!

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:


IDT0014 4 Small Butterflies


IDS0017 Clock face without centre and hands


IDS0042 Corset and Stays



IDT009 18 Cogs on board



IDDL0006 Skeletal Feather



IDA0006 Main Letter Set Upper Case (small)



IDT0016 Steam Punk Clock (Small)




IDS0012 Penny Farthing


IDDL0005 Peacock Feather (Tiny) 2 in board


IDDL0002 Peacock Feather


OTHER PRODUCTS USED: Prima flourish; Prima resin embellishment; Prima flowers; Tim Holtz metal circle tag; Glitz mini alpha stickers; Prima/Ingvilde Bolme inks; Helmar Liquid Scrapdots; Helmar 450 glue; Tattered Angels Glimmermist sprays; Pan Pastels; Zva Creative rhinestones and pearls; Liquid Pearls; crushed glitter glass; kindy glitz; black pen; and silver ribbon. 


Do you realise it's less than 7 weeks until Christmas? Scary, isn't it! 
(Especially since we all know how fast those next 7 weeks are going to go!!!)

I have decided to get in early (for once in my life), and start getting organised now. I decided the quickest way to start, was to create gift tags for my two daughters. They will be receiving a new bike each this year, and they aren't exactly the easiest present to wrap, so I thought a gift tag would be a nice alternative. 


These gorgeous tags are so easy to make. All you need are some large shipping tags, some pretty paper, flowers, chipboard leaves and alphas, a little ribbon and beading, and any other embellishments you would like to add. 

To create the lovely sparkly chipboard pieces, I simply painted them with white gesso, sprayed them with Helmar Vellum2 spray, and coated them with white glitter. If you don't have vellum spray, a glue such as Glossy Accents or Dimensional magic will work just as well, but will take longer to dry. 

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:


IDT0026 Kerri Flourish Tiny 



IDAUC0001 Capital Letters


OTHER PRODUCTS USED: Creative Imaginations paper; Prima flowers; Heidi Swapp sticker; snowflake mirrored brads (American Crafts?); Tattered Angels Glimmermist (Pearl); shipping tags; gold pigment ink; Liquid Pearls; ribbon; beading; Helmar 450 glue; and twine.

Thank-you for stopping by today, and don't forget to leave a comment to be automatically entered into our draw, to win some fabulous ID chipboard goodies.
After all, you can NEVER have too much chipboard! 

To see more of my work, please visit my blog:


Cheers and hugs,
Julianne. xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment