Precious Boy and a Card...

Hello again Imaginarium friends!

Patricia once again with two projects for the month of July...For my LO I went for a Mixed Media look...I think individual parts of it work and look quite good, but as for composition, I will need to rethink my design much more carefully next time...lol! This is a photo of my son quite a few years ago...he was still in school at the time, will be hitting the big 30 in a few month time.


I loved the Loolabelle's Chevrons, they come in different sizes on the sheet and were the inspiration to try this mixed media...I used Papers from Prima's Craftsman Collection. I tore some strips that I glued to my background paper...Then started laying down my Chevrons, pieces of trims and different size buttons. It all got a light coating of Gesso and once dried I misted it all with mists from Lindy's Stampgang. I used South Shore Sand, Afternoon Delight Denim and Cathedral Pines Green.



The Chevrons provided ideal places for the mists to puddle. I also stamped on the page and chip boards and went over them with some black paint to make them stand out from the background some more...On the buttons I placed some glass dew drops.



I only used a piece of  the Cross Hatch. I covered it with Dried Marigold Distress embossing powder and lightly inked with Frayed Burlap Disress Ink.



I cut the "Baby" part from my title...will save that for a later work. On the rest of the title I used Frayed Burlap Distress embossing power and some black ink.





For this LO I used these pieces...


Cross Hatch; IDDL 0001



Loolabelle's Chevrons # 2: IDDL 0022



Phrases: IDP 0083

~~~

A Card...



I played with some Distress crackle paints on some Tags and decided to transform them into a card...



I layered an Oval Frame and tiny Edward Relief , I love the 'new' look one achieves by layering chipboard's this way...All the pieces were primed with Gesso and then inked with Butternut Mixed Media Chox, and a tiny black half Pearl was added. On the Tag I used Mustered Seed and Broken China Distress Crackle Paints. The tag was sprayed with Lindy's Stampgang, Icy Primrose Gold, and Baby Blue Eyes. On the edges and the yellow paint I sprayed Toto's Tornado Black, wiping it of the paint with a Baby wipe, the ink will define the cracks even more.





These are the pieces I used...


Brackets on Oval: IDT 0012



Small Edward Relief: IDT 0032



Wrough Iron: IDFL 0017


Thank you, I hope you enjoyed my works and please leave me a message...it will place you in a change to win some Imaginarium Design and create your own magic...

0 comments:

Post a Comment