Mr & Mrs G Riverbar Open






I'm so excited to finally share a few snapshots of the fabulous new bar I have been working on in the city here in Brisbane which just opened late this afternoon.  Located right on the edge of the Brisbane River, Mr & Mrs G Riverbar has, in my humble opinion, one of the best views in Brisbane! 

The bar is named after it's owners Marcia & Andy Georges who have owned and operated Il Centro Restaurant here in Brisbane for the past 20 years!  The new bar is located just in front of their restaurant and is certainly the perfect place to spend an afternoon/evening with friends admiring the amazing view of the Story Bridge and enjoying wonderful tapas and of course a few drinks!

I worked with Marcia from conception of the bar.  We chose all the fabrics, furniture, cushions, wallpaper, lights, tiles and finishes together and I think it has been a wonderful collaboration of ideas.  One of my most favourite things is the wall of old photos, newspaper clippings, menus etc. which I came up with only last Monday!  We were going to place a painting on the wall but I thought it would be so special to do a wall which explained to their customers who they are and their history in the restaurant industry here in Brisbane.  I met with my beautiful framer last Tuesday and we selected some wonderful frames some of which were in his old shed.  I couldn't believe my luck when I found some of the most wonderful vintage frames hidden away in the back of the shed.  Everyone who has seen the wall is shocked to find out that all of the pieces have just been framed!  They look like they have been away in a cupboard for years and years...just the look I wanted to achieve!  In only 5 working days he framed up 29 pieces for our special wall and when we hung the wall yesterday there certainly were a few tears shed!!

And I am also thrilled that we were able to include a wall in the restaurant wallpapered in my Higgledy Piggledy Stripe wallpaper in the blue and white colourway.  Oh and look up to the ceiling when you walk into the bathrooms! 

Anyway, enough of my ramblings!  I do hope you can pop in to enjoy the atmosphere at the new Mr & Mrs G Riverbar!  I am sure it will exceed your expectations!  It is truly divine and I am so proud to have been involved!  Here's to another huge success for you Andy & Marcia and thank you for asking me to be involved in such a wonderful project!!
xx
Anna

0 comments:

Post a Comment