Collections - An Important Design Element

Day Birger et Mikkelsen

Day Birger et Mikkelsen


Coastal Living

Stephen Gambrel


When decorating I always love to scour my clients homes to find old treasured things which they have thrown into the back of a cupboard or drawer. I like to pull them out and place them in a collection on a piece of furniture like a coffee table, side table, sideboard or sofa table. And if a client doesn't have some goodies stowed away I often take them shopping to create their very own collection of things. A person's home should be a reflection of them not a reflection of me so even though I design their rooms and homes I do like to add a touch of them whether it's some old shells they collected years ago or old family photographs reframed, old books or even an old chair recovered - a piece of my client's life is always an important element of my design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment