Dana's Home








Dana emailed me late last year with a link to her new blog Blush & Flax. While I was scouring through her gorgeous site I stumbled across these pictures of her own home which I had to share. The house looks so serene and peaceful due to the monochromatic colours she has selected and I must say everything has been very stylishly put together. I love the collection of candlesticks on the dining table and the gorgeous little bristle woodland figures.
Dana's brief description about her home as below;

"We bought a old 1830's Greek Revival Parsonage to a Church in Aug 2001. We did most of the renovation of the old part of the house ourselves. The main house was structurally fine but had a bad addition put on in the 50's that connected the main house to the barn near it. In July 2005 we started a major structural rebuild of the barn and addition. We added 2000 sq ft to the house on the same footprint. There is still more work to do, but we moved in on Nov 2006. I'm still decorating with little pieces. The kitchen center island was custom made with old chinese elm doors...they even have nail holes from the fixtures. The kitchen counter is NOT stained but of the original color of wood, called "African Walnut" - just sanded and oiled. The bathroom has one of my favorite old mirrors. You really can't see yourself in it but it gives a nice feel to the bathroom. The stairs in the hallway are covered in a old mangle cloth I got from ebay seller called loodylady in england. I re-upholstered the brown chairs and the couch is slip covered in oatmeal linen. I collect old lighted globes because I love the light they cast at night. It's warm, romantic and different. The coffee table is made of old Chinese doors and was made by Vivian Kimmelman at Berkshire Home and Antiques."

I hope you enjoyed seeing Dana's gorgeous home as much as I did and that pristine snow just sets off the whole thing don't you think!! Thanks for opening up your home Dana and I can't wait to see more pictures as the house evolves!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment