Acts of Kindness

This morning, before I left the house, I received 2 beautiful and completely unexpected gifts.  The first one arrived at my door whilst I was still in bed at around 6.45am.  I heard a 'ooh hoo, hello Anna' and I quickly sprung out of my bed.  Looking completely dishevelled I opened the front door.  It was the lady across the road bringing me a big bowl of her home-grown figs which she had just picked from the tree in her back yard.  Despite being a bit surprised by her early arrival I was so excited to receive such a generous and thoughtful gift.

The second gift appeared on the bench in our kitchen at around 7.30am just after I had finished getting dressed.  It was a beautiful vase of pale pink spray roses.  Caroline, who helps me with a few things at home, picked them out of her garden early this morning for me. 

I can't begin to tell you how special these little acts of kindness made me feel today.  They also reminded me that I need to do things like this more.  I need to share the happiness my garden gives me just like these 2 very special ladies did today.

I took the pretty pink spray roses into Black & Spiro and placed them on a coffee table in the shop as they won't last very long.  I didn't want to leave them in our empty house all day with nobody around to enjoy them.  I wanted everyone who visited the shop today to see them and enjoy their divine scent.  You can see them too in the picture above which I posted on Instagram earlier today.

The figs I am going to deliver to my mother tomorrow so that she can make a tart with them.  Small kind gestures really do bring big happy smiles!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment