Altered Shoe

There really isn't much I can say about this off the page item, as I think it speaks for itself, a very pretty piece of frippery lol This came down to Melbourne with me to the Papercraft show, so it is well traveled. 
This a valentines day center piece, could be used for a wedding or birthday anything you like. 
I have found an extremely high set of shoes in Kmart, I would never wear them lol. They had a lovely caramel suede surface, which of course I painted with gesso and texture paste, but allowed bits of the suede to show through. Then I have painted the whole piece with dimensional magic and drenched it with white glitter. I love to use glitter as a medium not just a highlight.  Lots of bling and pearls to the shoe itself, which is again swiped with gesso and then spritzed for a hint of colour. Of course I have the other shoe so look out for what I do with that, I have a red glitter concept in mind lol

 Then it was a matter of filling the inside with bits lol. I have started with a hand cut chip heart as a base and layered elements on that. Some of the elements I have had for a long time, I love to collect things with the idea of using them one day! The little plastic doll I have had for years, a few coats of spray gesso from Krylon makes it look like porcelain. Add some wings and she turns into a fairy.


 I dont always like the sparkle of bling, it can be gaudy, so often I paint it with gesso and spritz to create texture not shine. I have added the Love Adore and Cherish chip simply painted with gesso.




Chip I have Used 


0 comments:

Post a Comment