Family Time


It's Friday night and we are at home having a quiet night together as a family which I love so much - just the three of us. We had roast chicken for dinner (thanks to Rhonda), a few glasses of wine, candles lit and lots of family chatting. The weather has cooled down a bit and there is a slight breeze blowing through the house. The c.d. player is blaring out all my favourite c.d.'s - a bit of Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Madeleine Peyroux, Katie Melua, Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble. Isn't it wonderful to end a busy week this way and tomorrow I can sleep in and get up when I want and the best thing of all is that I can spend the whole day with my 4 year old son. Times like these are so very special to me as a working mother. I bundle them up and keep them inside and when I'm having a really bad day at work I stop and remember these special times and I think that's what's important in life - family time!
Photo above courtesy of inside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment