Together Forever layout and Birthday Canvas

Layout and Birthday Canvas
by Sue Smyth 


I am sharing a soft Vintage layout with you today, with loads of empty space, which is unlike me lol
This is a photo of my husbands grand parents. And as a Vintage photo it needs softness and elegance. I have used several techniques on this layout. Firstly I have embossed the frame with gold embossing powder, I like to do it twice to give a lustrous look. 

The leaves are painted with gesso first, then splot over Distress stains in Peeled paint and Crushed Olive. Once dry, cover with versamark and Utee, heat and the chippie will become shiny and mottled.

One of my favourite ways to treat chipboard is with an Ombre effect. First paint chip with gesso and allow to dry, then blend two different color inks in the same family over the gesso. Use your finger to blend together. Allow to dry, carefully apply dimensional magic and sprinkle lightly with white glitter.

The same effect can be done with butterflies, this time use just one color on the outside of the wings. Coat with dimensional magic and sprinkle with white glitter. They look fabulous this way I think!

Close up of mottled leaves using Utee.

Imaginarium Products


Other products
patterened paper
cream cardstock
Texture paste
Stencil
Marmalade, Olive and Party pink glimmer mist
Peeled paint & Crushed Olive Distress Ink
white Glitter
dimensional magic
assorted flowers
pearl strips
gold embossing powder
versamark
Kaisercraft pearl brad
trinket
Martha Stewart Doily border punch


Birthday Canvas 


I made this canvas for a work friend who was celebrating her birthday. The techniques used are quite simple and you can easily whip up a gift uniquely and quickly.


I love to randomly dab gesso over the flowers and elements before spritzing them, so I get a variety of colors when the glimmer mists dry. I also love to cluster items together that are relevant to the photo, flowers buttons and cogs.


Cut the clock in half and adhere one to either side of the canvas at the back.

Imaginarium Products


I hope you are inspired and catch you next time 


Dont forget to leave a comment on the Imaginarium blog to be in the running for a great chipboard prize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment