Just A Little Shabby Grunge Romance...

I learnt two things while creating this project. Firstly, I am a romantic at heart (even if I won't admit it). And secondly, I have always believed layouts were my favourite project to create, but I think I was wrong. I have totally fallen in love with creating canvases. Totally in LOVE!!!


The amount of detail that I was able to put into this canvas was just fantastic. I have layers of paper, paint, Mod Podge, stamps, rub- ons, more Mod Podge, texture paste, mists, chipboard, even more Mod Podge, resin embellishments, rhinestones, lots of flowers and vines, and more stamping and rub-ons. WOW! If I had tried that on a layout it would have fallen apart from the weight and wetness. 


I painted all my chipboard pieces with white gesso before I began creating the canvas. I opted not to colour them - instead I sprayed them with Dazzling Diamonds, Snow Angel, and Patina Glimmermists. This gave a much more subtle colour, but with lots of sparkle and glimmer. 

For the peacock feather, I used Color Shine in Chartreuse Green, Teal, and Gold. 


If you look closely, you can see pale splashes of blue on the window, cogs, and clock faces. 


I am a cog and clock addict - I love layering cogs for s 3D effect. Just between you and me, you can NEVER have too many cogs. 


I have added black rub-ons for contrast, and lots of little resin embellishments. And yes, I have sprayed directly onto the canvas, once all my pieces were adhered. 


I finish off all my canvases with a black border. It creates contrast, and gives a "finished" presentation. 


Oh, and one other thing - you can NEVER have too much of the "Moroccan" lattice either. It goes with EVERYTHING!!! It is seriously addictive. 

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:



















OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
Tilda Papers; Staz-On ink; Basic Grey rub-ons; Making Memories paint; gesso; Mod Podge; Heidi Swapp Color Shine; Tattered Angels Glimmermist; Prima resin embellishments; Prima metal embellishments; Prima flowers; Prima flower centres; Prima vines; Prima pearls; Hambly rub-ons; Gelatos; Kaisercraft stamps; Prima stamps; Gloss Gel; and black Sharpie pen. 


Thank-you for joining me today. I hope you have enjoyed my project.
And don't forget to leave a comment, to be automatically entered into the draw for a RAK of Imaginarium Designs chipboard.

If you would like to see more of my work, please visit my blog:

Happy scrapping and crafting,
Cheers, x
Julianne. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment