Mixed Media Projects + bonus mini tutorial

Good morning.

You are with Sandrine today and I have a couple of projects to share, the weather has been real cold around here and has been perfect for indoor activities like scrapbooking.
My first project is a layout about my son, using some gorgeous new release hexagon shapes and arrow!

"Our Boy @ 7"

All chipboard pieces have had the same treatment: white gel pen + sanded edges (see bonus mini tutorial at bottom of this post). 

I wanted to create a grungy trendy layout and by using fun geometric shapes and fun background techniques.
I covered nested hexagons with white gel pen, distressed edges then glued over some patterned paper and cut out.


Here I layered 2 nested hexagons on top of each other for a custom fun embelli'

 Loving Lou's arrows, this one was covered with white gel pen, masking tape and kitchen twine:


I used black as a subtle splash of colour on my layout, I created a little pile of tiny cogs, first coloured with black distress pen, and with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam "Calm Before the Storm", it gives a nice shiny sparkly finish!

LOOLABELLE'S NESTED HEXAGONS IDDL0017

LOOLABELLE'S LOVE ARROWS IDDL0023

TINY 9 COGS ON BOARD IDT0004

OUR BOY TITLE IDP0006

Other Products used:
- Papers: Kaisercraft, Pink Paislee
- Gesso, texture paste, Prima mask and stamps, Glimmermist, Glimmer Glam, cotton thread, kitchen twine, gauze, veneer, brads, skewer, Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, My Mind's Eye Masking tape,

Here is my second layout:
"Pictures of You"

  
I used the same background techniques but used Imaginarium's Hexagon Template for the texture paste.
While the texture paste was still wet I pushed in bits of gauze around. When dry I covered the lot with Gesso and black splatters.

 I really wanted to create some different textures on my layout, here is a closie of the gorgeous feather, it was just covered with white gel pen...


Here I created a banner and added a chain of hexagons, that was so fun to create! You will need the Nested Hexagons to recreate this "chain", Louise Nelson is a genius and I so love creating with her designs! I chose to work with the 2 smaller nested hexagons, all you need to do is cut one side and slide the next hexagon in, glue back where you cut and colour the cut, and it is just about invisible! Just keep on going until you have achieved the desired length!


 Here is a closie of the title and tiny Kerry Leaf (covered in white gel pen):



Imaginarium Chipboard used:


HONEYCOMBE 6X6 IDS0054

LOOLABELLE'S NESTED HEXAGONS IDDL0017

SKELETAL FEATHER IDDL0006


PICTURES OF YOU IDP0081

KERRI FLOURISH EXTRA IDT0028


Other Products used:
Paper: Kaisercraft, My Mind's Eye
Mediums: Gesso, Texture Paste, white embossing powder, Glimmermist.
Stamps: Bo Bunny
Flowers: Prima
Lace, mesh, bread clip, kitchen twine, circle punches, gauze, white gel pen, Kaisercraft rub-ons.


"White Gel Pen + Sanded Edges Tutorial"

I thought I would share this mini tutorial with you today because it is so easy and affordable, you can achieve a very effective look on any piece of chipboard. It is great for those shabby/grungy layouts!

All you will need is a white gel pen and file/sandpaper, I used Ingvild Bvolme's Distress Tool.


Step 1: Cover entire chipboard with white gel pen ink. Do not try to be neat here, make it look rough by colouring in different direction.

Step 2: Let dry completely.

Step 3: Take your file and remove gel pen from around edges, that's it! How easy is that?


Here is the final "look":


Well, that's it for me today, I hope you enjoyed my post.

Leave me comment and you will be in the running to win some chipboard!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment